Winter is probably not over QUITE yet but the approach of March means we’re about to be turning the corner! So, let’s kick off the month with a meeting, shall we?!?
IMPORTANT MEETING INFORMATION
We will gather, check-in, sign-up and chat at 11:30am on 3/2 and lunch will be served at 12:00pm. The Attendance list, based on those who signed up at the February meeting, is attached. Check and see if you aren’t on it but should be OR are on it but can’t make it and PLEASE contact Susan Doherty-Funke by Monday February 24 so we give Donna an accurate count for lunch.
Also, please remember that signing in is a three-step process:
- HIGHLIGHT your name on the list to show that you are in attendance this month.
- MARK next to your name if you plan on attending next month
- SIGN Donna’s book.
I really don’t want to include this again but, just to be safe, our new inclement weather policy below is in force going forward and will be included (and NOT repeated in the Reminder ad nauseum) in next year’s Handbook.
If schools close in Moultonborough due to weather, there will be no Club meeting that day. MWC meetings will be rescheduled to the following day If school is cancelled for multiple days, the Club meeting will be on the first day school is back in session, unless that day is a Friday. There will be no meeting on a Friday. If Moultonborough schools have a delayed start due to weather on an MWC meeting day, the MWC meeting will take place as scheduled.
We will have the pleasure of hosting Martha Nichols from the League of NH Craftsmen (and the Center Sandwich Fine Craft Gallery). We are in for a real treat! The League of New Hampshire Craftsmen Fine Craft Galleries can be found in nine locations around New Hampshire. The galleries offer contemporary and traditional fine craft created by the region’s most talented artisans. Each gallery is distinct in its décor and inventory featuring a wide range of functional and decorative items. There is stunning pottery, colorful glassware, dynamic prints and photographs, woven textiles, superb baskets, handsome furniture, jewelry in a wide range of styles, and so much more. Martha will give us all the details! During her presentation and for ALL speakers/performers for that matter, please do be very sure to silence and store your cell phones. Thank you!
Our charity this month is the Lakes Region Humane Society and below is their list of needs. Note that the specific brands listed are the primary foods they use.
- Pedigree Chopped Chicken Canned Dog Food
- Friskie’s Chicken Pate Canned Cat Food
- KMR liquid or powdered kitten food
- Peanut Butter
- Chicken or Turkey and Gravy Baby Food
- Dawn Dish Soap
- Laundry Detergent
- Industrial Trash Bags (contractor bags)
- Clean Magic Sponges
- Dog & Cat Toys: cat trees, tunnels, tennis balls, rope toys, stuffed animals
- Brooms & Dust Pans
- Toilet Paper
- Paper towels
- Copy paper
- Baking soda
OTHER TOPICS, PROJECTS and EVENTS
- We had a great response to our Primary Election Bake Sale and we have more opportunities to raise scholarship money!! There will be sign-ups for the March 10 Election Day Bake Sale and the March 14 Town Meeting Box Lunch Sale at the meeting and it is really important that as many of us as possible participate. We sold out of lunches at the last Town meeting and we left many people hungry (and money on the table!!). Let’s not do that again.
- Please see Christine Wright if you want to participate in local weekly walks of 2-4 miles with some minimal elevation and didn’t get a chance to sign up for the email list.
- It’s also time to save used shoes and boots that we will collect in May for the animals at the Second Chance Animal Shelter in Littleton. In fact, you can bring them in to any remaining meeting and Harriet Bicksler will take them home in the event you won't be here in May.
- Our tireless Janet Schurko came down with the flu so additional card-making workshops are delayed until she has recovered. She will be in touch!
- April hostesses, please don’t forget to gather after the meeting to discuss plans for next month and gather tablecloths to be washed and returned by 10am for the 4/6 meeting.
See you soon